Redeveloping 33 Saxon St, Brunswick
Thank you to the wonderful and vibrant community that has made Siteworks a thriving community and arts hub over the last 6 years.
We are excited to be moving into the next chapter here at 33 Saxon Street. Merri-Bek Council is building Brunswick a new state-of-the-art cultural and community space and the site will soon be transformed into a facility that will give back to Brunswick for generations to come.
By 2024 the new site will be home to:
- A new and bigger space for Blak Dot Gallery, the leading gallery for contemporary First Nations art in Australia.
- A significant new public open space, which will host a multitude of outdoor events.
- Affordable multipurpose community rooms and commercial office space for the creative industries.
- A new community-focused facility for Maternal and Child Health services.
- Affordable studio and exhibition spaces for creatives.
- A hospitality offer.
- Better connections with the Brunswick Baths.
Council approved the concept design last year, and a planning permit was lodged in March 2022. Construction is planned to begin at the beginning of 2023.
Siteworks will be unable to take bookings during the construction period but we anticipate re-opening the doors in mid-2024. To stay up to date with details keep an eye on the Merri-Bek website and our social media accounts.
Siteworks at Saxon Street is proudly supported by Merri-Bek City Council.
We respectfully acknowledge the five language groups of the Kulin Nation as sovereign custodians of the lands on which we work and live. We extend our respects to ancestors and elders past, present and emerging, and to all First Nations people. In the context of the work we do, we express gratitude for our shared connection through place, to the oldest continuing cultures on earth.
Siteworks is a carbon neutral project.
[address] 33 Saxon Street, Brunswick VIC, 3056
[phone] 0427 901 170
8am - 10pm Everyday